[MEncoder-users] x264 and motion estimation parameters

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon May 9 13:19:04 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 5/9/05, Joel Yliluoma <bisqwit at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Mon, 9 May 2005, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> > Use CVS, it's already there! :-)
>
> Oh. Good thing. :)
>
> I'd hope for more frequent releases, since the CVS versions
> sometimes have tendency of having unsuitabilities at working...

Yeah, but doing a proper release is time consuming and not much fun as
you need to somewhat freeze the code base and only apply fixes for a
while, which is not too much fun, you may imagine.

Other than that, the devs really make sure they do not break anything
when they introduce a new feature, so CVS is almost always working, so
I'd advise you to use CVS always, and report problems when you face
them. (just make sure you always use current CVS when you report a
problem).

Regards,
Guillaume