[MEncoder-users] A/V synchronization problem using mencoder

Xie Bo xiebopublic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 10:59:17 CEST 2005

> Anyway, is the desync constantly off by the same amount or does it vary
> over time?

Yes,the desync is constant.

> Did you try, as Rich suggested, to use only -mc 0 ?
Yes, I did but the result is the same (desyn).

In conclusion, now I use "mplayer dvd:// -dumpstream" to backup dvd (and it works well!), and not "mencoder dvd:// -of mpeg -oac copy -ovc copy" because it is desyn. If I add "-noskip",the mencoder will has a memory leak (transcode 690 seconds dvd movie and consume more than 150 MB memory in my windows xp,:( ) and will pop up "Too many audio packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8257536 bytes)." error message.

Best Regards,
XIe Bo