[MEncoder-users] mplayer cannot play AC3 anymore

Guillaume Poirier poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 23:32:18 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 20:15:04 +0200, Stefan Frings
<mencoder at meinemullemaus.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> I upgraded to cvs version because I wnt to re-encode DVB-T movies.
>
> Since then, I cannot play AC3 audio anymore, for example from DVD. The program
> crashes when I try it. I use liba52 version 0.7.4.

I can't reproduce your problem here (AMD-64, gcc-3.4). Could you try
if the problem still exists if you re-compile MPlayer with another
compiler. For instance, you're using gcc-3.3.5, could you try to
recompile  with 3.4 or 2.95.
Also, I'd advise you to run a "make distclean" before building, if you
were not doing it already.

Regards,
Guillaume