[MEncoder-users] the relation between MEncoder and Ffmpeg

Derek Li derekli.london at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 12:00:36 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm quite new to MEncoder and ffmpeg, so forgive me asking this silly
question. My understanding is that MEncoder is a tool to do converstion,
and it uses many encoders and decoders such as libavcodec (ffmpeg). FFMpeg
provides libraries libavcodec and libavformat for programemrs. Ffmpeg also
has an executable ffmpeg to do file conversion, but mencoder is more
comprehensive, and mencoder does not provide a library, at least I did not
find the API document.

Am I correct?

Thanks a lot,
Derek