[MEncoder-users] avsync issue with mpeg output

Kyle Schmitt azephrahel at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 21:29:13 CET 2005

> Nico Sabbi wrote:
> > Kyle Schmitt wrote:
> >> I can post what dvd author says also, if that
> will
> >> mencoder -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts
acodec=mp2:abitrate=128:vcodec=mpeg2video:keyint=96:aspect=4/3:vbitrate=7500:mbd=2:threads=2
> another problem: pal dvds must be encoded at 25 fps,
> ntsc at 23.976 and
> soft-telecined;
> in the last case change the fps to:
> -ofps 24000/1000 -mpegopts format=dvd:telecine
Your right, for some reason I thought if it was at
24fps the dvd-player would automatically soft-teceline
it.  I looked it up, your right.  I need set the
pullup flag.  Problem is mencoder isn't taking it in
the -mpegopts portion..infact I don't see a place to
set the pullup flag anywhere in the manpage.
Eumm as far as they keyint, i've got no problem
setting it lower, but will it greatly effect the
output quality?  And I"ll take your advice on the
toolame, just never bothered with it before.

--Kyle