[MEncoder-users] copy a section of an avi file

how do u howdou at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 09:33:03 CET 2005

I want to be able to copy a range, say at the 5 minute mark to the 6
minute mark, of an avi file.

I was hoping to be able to do something like...

mencoder movie.avi -ovc copy -oac copy -endpos 60 -o scene.avi -startpos 300

...with the '-startpos 300' being the fictitious option that I am wanting.

Does mencoder have anything like a "start at" option?  Do I need to go
find an avi editing application instead?  If so, can someone point me
to a Linux edit app?

I assume others have asked this, so I did try to search through the
mail archives, but it is a bit difficult to have any worthwhile
results since the mail archives do not allow you to search only the
mencoder list and to also search for phrases.

Appreciate any info, thanks.