[MEncoder-users] avsync issue with mpeg output

Kyle Schmitt azephrahel at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 6 20:53:34 CET 2005

   Hi.  I've got an av sync issue with material I
caputred from a tv card (using mencoder).

   As a mencoder created avi or mpeg, the video plays
fine on a computer. BUT if its mastered to a dvd
(dvdauthor) I get hundreds (thousands?) of warnings
about the av sync and it tells me to re-mux the input.
 Burn the dvd anyway and the video is ok, but the
sound pops in and out.

   If I pipe the output from mplayer to mpeg2encde
(from mjpeg tools) the result is the audio is smooth
but rather out of sync towards the end of the
file/dvd.

   How would can I fix the audio stream so it wont
have all of those errors?

Thanks,
       --Kyle