[MEncoder-users] RE Duplicate frames when encoding from TV?

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Jun 14 08:47:55 CEST 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 07:36:09 +0100
Carl Beech <carl.beech at gmail.com> wrote:

> As for the motherboard, its
> an abit, however, my last board didn't have a nforce chipset either.

I didn't say NForce chipsets were the only ones that do DMA properly,
they just seem to be the only one that do it consistently.  With a VIA/
SIS chipset, it's a crapshoot to see if you get a good one or a
terribly buggy one.  Even with the major brands like Asus/MSI/
Gigabyte/etc.

>  Thanks for the info about DMA - I'll look into it - perhaps moving
> the tv board (PCTV Rave) to another slot may make the difference....

Good luck, but I don't expect it will change anything.