[MEncoder-users] Call for video encoding settings

jiho jo.irisson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 11:10:03 CEST 2005

> I'd like to add some encoding settings examples in our HTML
> documentation. Those settings off course highly depend on personal
> preferences, so highlighting a certain encoding setting as "very high
> quality", "high quality", "fast", and "realtime" won't probably make
> everyone happy, but I guess it'll still be better than having nothing.

I would suggest adding autoaspect to all (or at least some high
quality) settings, adding hq_ac to very high quality XviD and, maybe,
adding some video filters options. They are probably highly dependent
on the source material but the encoding options are too and it is also
still better than nothing. For example, more denoising for fast
encoding (=low quality) and less for high quality encoding.
In addition, the psnr option in the high quality xvid might be taken
out, maybe it is just a left over from your tests.

JiHO
---
   Windows, c'est un peu comme le beaujolais nouveau :
a chaque nouvelle cuvee on sait que ce sera degueulasse,
     mais on en prend quand meme par masochisme.
---
http://jo.irisson.free.fr/