[MEncoder-users] Subtitles

Pete Davis pete at petedavis.net
Sun Jul 10 17:30:09 CEST 2005

I'm trying to include subtitles in one of my encodings, but I seemt o be
having a problem with the font.

I get the message:

New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.

I do have a file called subfont.ttf in the ~/.mplayer/ folder. It's actually
an arial.ttf font.

But it still gives me this message. What am I missing?

Also, as long as I'm asking about this, what is a good font for doing
subtitles? Is arial okay or are there better choices?

I'm simply using the -sub option. Will the defaults be okay or will I be
better off setting other options?

Thanks.

Pete