[MEncoder-users] Using SI units in mencoder

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Wed Feb 9 12:24:17 CET 2005

Tetsuo Yokozuka wrote ( On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 07:57:32AM +0100 ):
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 22:44:14 -0800, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:
>
> > Quite the opposite.  The SI prefixes are being completely ignored by the
> > whole world...  This is consistent with MPlayer.  Saying mplayer is
> > wrong in using KB is implying most everyone in the world making computer
> > software is also wrong.
>
> mplayer and mencoder are using kb, kB, KB, MB and mb, and their
> meaning are not always documented. That's my main issue.

Don't change them, only document them explicitly.
Then send a patch to mplayer-DOCS mailing list ( so it can be reviewed ).

These things are already documented for some options. So in my eyes it
is just a documentation bug. And nobody should have problems with it
if it is stated clearly in the manpage.

  Alex (beastd)