[MEncoder-users] VHS capturing 2 avi

M Daniel R M 4.mdr.magarzo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 01:02:38 CET 2005

Hi again,

l vie, 16-12-2005 a las 14:46 -0500, Rich Felker escribió:
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 12:09:47AM +1100, Allen wrote:

Rich, a short while, please..

> > mencoder -tv driver=v4l2:input=1:width=720:height=576:norm=PAL -ovc lavc
> > -oac lavc -lavcopts
> > vcodec=mpeg4:trell:ildct:ilme:vbitrate=1400:acodec=mp2:abitrate=112
> > -endpos 5336 -o my-movie.avi tv://
>
> You also need to use -mc 0 and -noskip when capturing interlaced
> content. Any frame skips/duplication will be very very bad. However
> this can lead to a/v sync issues if your timers aren't in sync.
> Unfortunately mencoder sucks and has no good solution for tv capture..
> :(

What's supposed to do the _-mc 0_ option? Man page gives a brief
explanation that puts me in the same point... It talks about something
like: -mc<seconds/frame> Maximum sync a/v per frame (in seconds). That's
all. But it does not provide any list of possible values to add. ???

> You need a much higher bitrate than 1400 for one-pass encoding (which
> TV capture will always be). Interlacing increases the bitrate
> requirement even more. Try 5000 or so. :)

I was playing between 2800 and 3000 for vhs capturing (interlaced), I
think results were very very acceptable IMHO, but with these too large
margins I see now, I become confused totally.

> Rich

Regards,

Daniel