[MEncoder-users] mencoder fails to play a certain DVD title

Phil Ehrens phil at slug.org
Tue Dec 20 20:03:52 CET 2005

Jonathan wrote:
> Phil Ehrens wrote:
> >Jonathan wrote:
> >
> >>After a few days with no response at all I have to ask.  Did I write the
> >>email that badly, or send to the wrong list or what?
> >

> >No response means:
> >
> > a. Nobody understood you
> > b. Nobody knows the answer to your question
> > c. Nobody likes you
> > d. Any combination of a, b, and c.
> >
> >And following up in a trollish fashion will only
> >result in answers like this one.
>
> I'm not trying to be a troll. I'm honestly trying to figure out what I
> did wrong so I don't do it again.

Then try rephrasing your original question. Give details,
but don't make people scroll way down to read them, and
if you still don't get an answer, assume c. Just asking why
nobody replied to you is, by definition, trolling... it's
off topic and it cannot be answered in a directly helpful
way. This is a forum for questions about mencoder, not
a forum for the investigation of group dynamics.