[MEncoder-users] sound (or frame?) async problem

SZABO Zsolt szazs at mm.bme.hu
Mon Dec 19 13:41:45 CET 2005

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, RC wrote:

>> In the first 15 secs of the encoding "Skipping frame!" was reported
>> cca.  10 times. And in the created avi there is a small but annoying
>> difference between the video and the sound.
>
> Try with "-mc 0" and/or "-noskip"

Thanks! "mc -0" seems to fix it (the value of A-V in the encoding status
line show constantly 0.000) The parameter -noskip has no effect on
"Skipping frame!" (as far as I see).

Zs

PS:
Is there anybody here who uses Pinnacle PCTV USB2 tuner (or em2820
driver)? (I can record/see only in 384x288 when 'soxing' the sound from
USB, because the video flickers(?) in higher res. And still not able to
use mplayer but only xawtv, when also wanna hear something...)