[MEncoder-users] What are the differences between Xvid and libavcodec?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 09:07:07 CET 2005

Hi,

http://mplayerhq.hu/~michael/codec-features.html

> What features
> should I not use in order to have playability on windows players other
> than mplayer?

You should either not use them at all if you wish your video to be
playable by a vanilla install of windows, or install ffdshow and just
not care about what features you're using.

Other than that, standalone players usually don't like GMC, and
sometimes also don't like qpel.

Guillaume

--
MPlayer's doc is offline. Find some fresh one here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/