[MEncoder-users] Re: Subtitles out of sync after IVTC

Michael Fiano axion at 37.com
Sun Dec 11 04:25:52 CET 2005

> Hello,
>
> it is possibly because "-ofps 24000/1001" option. You possibly changed movie
> timing a little, but subs were ripped just as is. I do not know well
> .idx file language,
> it seems that there are exact timestamps for every title, without option to
> change fps, only delay option exists.
> If you have read the manual, you should notice "-subfps" option, it may
> help you.
> ( I do not usually store VobSub subtitles, so I do not have any to check)
>
> Philipp

That doesn't seem to be the problem. I even tried forcing the framerate of the
video to it's original 29.97fps and the subtitles are still out of sync. I tried
ripping the subs with "-ofps 24000/1001" but that didn't do anything noticable
either. If this didn't happen with all of my telecined anime DVD's i wouldn't
mind, but it does. BTW I'm using VobSub because there's no scriptable way to
convert graphical subs to ascii subs.