[MEncoder-users] new doom9 codec comparission (draft 1)

Hans-Carl Oberdalhoff hcoberdalhoff at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 9 11:42:27 CET 2005

Re,

2005/12/9, Vladimir Mosgalin <mosgalin at vm10124.spb.edu>:
> You're sure about unix-style command? Maybe something that can be
> executed under cmd.exe will be better? If they don't know/understand
> what ";" and "\" are, they'll become quite irritated at converting it to
> windows format.

I'm pretty sure, that doom9 will understand these.

and cmd sucks:
- I am not aware of any nice way to "break lines".
- The "for" statement can only be used on files (not on arbitrary strings)

To keep it short, the only cmd-useable way to do this, is to send a
ready-made Batch (.bat) file, which is also a bad idea, since
readability suffers a lot.

My opinion: Leave it like it is. Doom9 will understand and the mail is
not meant as user tutorial.

> I suspect they will mention mencoder's "unfriendliness" to a "common
> user" in review, so their job should be simplified as much as possible.
One could offer to write a user-friendly version of this stuff.
But that exactly is, what Doom9 started his MeGUI-project for :)
(Or, why I started my humble MeWiG-project.... ;) )

Greets,
hco