[MEncoder-users] new doom9 codec comparission

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Dec 6 21:59:08 CET 2005

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>Thanks go to Jan Knutar for pointing out a potential pitfall -- there
>>was indeed some flickering produced by using spp=2 to play the videos
>>with b-frames. When I looked closely, the flickering was still there
>>without spp, just less visible. Removing the quantizer difference
>

> retry, spp shouldnt add any flicker anymore

I've tried it, and spp works marvelously now. Thanks again.
Unfortunately, unless somebody can convince Milan Cutka to make a
last-minute build of ffdshow with the latest libavcodec CVS, I don't
think we'll get a chance to show off spp. :( There's also the issue of
not being able to select the spp "quality" parameter in ffdshow.

I'm cc'ing Milan in case he sees us and takes pity on our plight. If he
does, I'd sure appreciate it. :)

For that matter, if anybody else with experience building stuff on win32
 could give it a try, that would be great. I'm also going to cross-post
this to mplayer-cygwin just in case.

Thanks,
Corey