[MEncoder-users] Extremely Safe Archival Methods

list-catcher at hellburner.com list-catcher at hellburner.com
Sun Dec 4 20:00:50 CET 2005

Hi,

I want to archive some stuff in the safest, most peace of mind, and
easily retrieveable way possible.  I want to encode something into files
and be certain that I can play it back 10 years from now without
searching for anything other than a standard video player.  In the view
of the members of this list what are the codecs and other encoding
options most likely to be common 10 years from now?  In what ways can an
 encoding be made that will ensure that it will be playable 10 years
from now with as little effort in it's playback as possible?

Thanks in advance