[MEncoder-users] I want to reset a fps using mencoder from a TV V4L2 source.

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Aug 21 18:47:04 CEST 2005

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 05:49:33PM +0000, Waand wrote:
> the question was about FPS... so i don't care what video size  an author
> of question chose.

It's nice to correct users' mistakes when recommending command lines
to fix their problems, but ok..

> Moreover you have said that capturing FPS CAN NOT be changed.... you
> were wrong... Next time just focus on answering simple questions.

It's true, the fps of the source CANNOT BE CHANGED. The fps option to
tv input just causes the driver in the kernel to do framedropping. But
there's fundamentally no way to change framerates because the source
material is undersampled by at least 10x..

Rich