[MEncoder-users] Fwd: Has the bug (mencoder -mc 0 -noskip has memory leak for 5.1 audio stream) fixed?

Bo Xie xiebopublic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 01:11:53 CEST 2005

> > >   When I use "mencoder -mc 0 -noskip dvd://1 -of mpeg -oac copy -ovc
> > > copy -tt xxx -endpos xxx ...", several seconds(e.g.300 seconds) later
> > > mencoder tell me "too many audio packages in buffer..." and exit.
> >
> > Try without "-mc 0" and/or "-noskip" and see if it works.
>
> Yes. Why can't some people grasp that these options are NOT advised,
> and that if they fail it means a/v is horribly desyncing...?
>
> Rich

If I use "-mc 0" without "-noskip",there is not "too many audio
packages in buffer..." but it is desyncing.
If I use "-noskip" without "-mc 0",there is "too many audio packages
in buffer..." but it is syn.
If I use "-noskip" and "-mc 0",there is "too many audio packages in
buffer..." but it is syn.
If I neither use "-noskip" nor "-mc 0",there is not "too many audio
packages in buffer..." but it is desyncing.

So I think it is "-noskip" which triggers the memory leak bug,but I am
not sure because I have not located the detailed bug position.

My goal is to dump my DVD(from 00:05:00 to 00:30:00) to disk. I know
the best way is mplayer -dumpstream and it syn well. But mplayer
-dumpstream can not set time range(from 00:05:00 to 00:30:00), then I
use mencoder to try it.

Best Regards,
Xie Bo