[MEncoder-users] Re: MEncoder-users Digest, Vol 4, Issue 17

Manu J boundlessdreamz at yahoo.co.in
Wed Dec 22 09:20:03 CET 2004

Hi,

> vhq=3 is always extremely slow on both windows and
> linux
So without a visible loss of quality how much lower
can i go ?

> they are in the right order, but are you sure you
> are using a linear blend
> deinterlacer and a bicubic scaler in vdub (as in the
> cli above)?

I didn't get you.
i'm using pp=lb (linear blend) above in my script.
What's a bicubic scaler ? Are you referring to
scale=640:272 option?

In vdub (actually gordianknot) there is a dvd2avi
program and i had to enable a force film option.Guess
this does the denterlacing and regarding the scaling i
just choose the scale (hence  also bpp) and i don't
know how vdub does it internally.

> me_quality=6 implies 4mv. BTW are you sure you want
> trellis and 3 B frames?
what are the disadvantages of having these options
enables ?

> -ofps 23.96 is wrong: 24000/1001 (=23.976) is the
> right value
oops...that was a typo in my script.What difference
can this make (eye can't make out between the two
fps).

Regards
Manu

=====