[MEncoder-users] Recording TV with WinTV bt878

Guennadi Liakhovetski g.liakhovetski at gmx.de
Sun Dec 5 22:36:35 CET 2004

Hi

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> On Thursday, 02 December 2004 at 22:02, Barton Bosch wrote:
> > FC2 installation.  However, as I later read in the FAQ, mencoder
> > does not record any audio signal.
>
> Fortunately, that FAQ entry is outdated and no longer correct.
>
> > From the other reading that I have done I gather that it is
> > possible to record audio and video from the tv card by using the
> > btaudio driver.  Is that correct?
>
> Actually, both ways work. That is, recording from line-in and from
> btaudio, though I haven't tried it for some time now.

I now seem to have the same problem - cannot record audio. My TV-card
(Hauppage WinTV Express bt878) was in another PC, and there I was able to
record audio with mencoder. Now I switched the card to another (faster)
PC, and, although I hear the sound, it is not recrded. Neither with
mencoder, nor with avicap. The difference - in the first PC I hava an ISA
sound-card (snd-es18xx), in this one - PCI (snd-via82xx). I did unmute
IGain on the card, used the same (and other) mencoder options as on the
first PC - no success. Any idea what that could be?

Barton, did you manage to get sound working? If yes - how?

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski