[Libav-user] audiotoolboxdec, aac and bsfs

Igor Bukanov igor at vivaldi.com
Wed Aug 25 15:24:58 EEST 2021

Hi,

I am trying to use audiotoolboxdec as AAC decoder on Mac. After I
disabled CONFIG_AAC_DECODER and enable CONFIG_AAC_AT_DECODER, replaced
ff_aac_decoder with ff_aac_at_decoder things compiled and linked.

However the code that worked fine with the software decoder started to
fail at libavcodec/decode.c when decode_bsfs_init calls
av_bsf_list_parse_str. That returns an error because it cannot parse the
string aac_adtstoasc. As I see from the code the expected format should
be foo=bar,... which the string aac_adtstoasc does not satisfy. That
strings comes from the definitions of ff_aac_at_decoder struct at the
end of libavcodec/audiotoolboxdec.c.

If I simply replace the string with NULL in the definition of
ff_aac_at_decoder, the things works and various media with AAC-encoded
audio plays sounds normally.

Is this string aac_adtstoasc a bug? What should be the proper format
then?

Regards, Igor