[Libav-user] Enable RTCP Receiver Report

Guilherme Longoni guilhermelongoni at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 19:47:38 EEST 2017

Hi,

I have an application sending and receiving RTP streams (only RTP not
RTSP), so I'm initializing my sender using something like this:

rtpOutFormatContext->flags |= AVFMT_FLAG_NONBLOCK;
rtpOutFormatContext->oformat = av_guess_format("rtp", NULL, NULL);
sprintf_s(rtpOutFormatContext->filename,
sizeof(rtpOutFormatContext->filename),
 "rtp://%s:%d", ip, remotePort);

With my sender, everything works fine, including the RTCP flow that runs in
remotePort+1.

In my receiver I'm using a SDP structure to start it:

rtpInFormatContext->iformat = av_find_input_format("sdp");
AVIOContext *ioContext = avio_alloc_context((unsigned char*)sdp,
strlen(sdp), 0, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL);
rtpInFormatContext->pb = ioContext;

avformat_open_input(&rtpInFormatContext, "", rtpInFormatContext->iformat,
&options);
avformat_find_stream_info(rtpInFormatContext, NULL);
av_dump_format(rtpFormatContext, 0, rtpInFormatContext->filename, 0);

The receiver works fine as well, but there is no RTCP flow associated with
it.

I tried to add:

av_dict_set(&options, "sdp_flags", "rtcp_to_source", 0);

but looks like it only works for RTSP streams.

Someone knows if there is a way to enable this RTCP flow? Or does libav API
just implement RTCP RR using RTSP?

Regards,

--
Guilherme Longoni