[Libav-user] avio_alloc_context with multiple threads

Victor dMdB ffmpeg at eml.cc
Sun Jan 1 13:22:53 EET 2017

If I have multiple streams of distinct data, how would I go about making
sure data is thread safe in real-time applications?

My code is in C++, so I managed to pass a write function using extern C
but that makes the function global (ie not thread safe), I tried fixing
with thread_local but i then ran into other issues.

I then tried using the private data ptr, but then I get a data race,
because I was just polling with a while loop in another thread, which is
rather unreliable.

Are there any previous examples of how to do this?