[Libav-user] Are there any ways to use a lib (built from C++ OpenCV) in Ffmpeg filter?

R n flynewdream at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 3 05:32:42 EEST 2016

Dear all,

I am writing a C++ library which is based on OpenCV. I want to use it in a Ffmpeg filter (written in C), so I write a wrapper of the library using C. The wrapper consists of a C header file and some C functions which call the C++ functions (in the C++ files). I expect the FFmpeg filter to only include the C header and call the C functions.

I have built the library as a standalone one, which can be considered as an external library to FFmpeg. I have added it to the DEPENDENCIES list of FFmpeg, together with other external libraries, like openjpeg. I have also added "'--extra-libs=-lstdc++ -lmylibrary' together with other args, like '--enable-libopenjpeg'.

However, I get the following error when compiling FFmpeg:

.../binutils/2.25/centos6-native/da39a3e/bin/ld: .../mylibrary/0.1/gcc-4.9-glibc-2.20/80414d5/lib/libmylibrary.a(mylibrary_file.cpp.o): undefined reference to symbol '_ZdlPv@@GLIBCXX_3.4'

.../libgcc/4.9.x/gcc-4.9-glibc-2.20/024dbc3/lib/libstdc++.so: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

Here, I tried gcc-4.9-glibc-2.20 and other versions but got the same results.

I wonder if I missed anything.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Rich