[Libav-user] Fwd: Encoding with no compression with OpenH264

Dirr Bernhard Bernhard.Dirr at newtec.de
Tue Mar 8 09:16:48 CET 2016

Hi Stephane, hi Arthur,

I am using the lossless FFV1 (AV_CODEC_ID_FFV1) codec within libav.
In my case, pixel format is AV_PIX_FMT_YUV422P10 (video source is SMPTE HD-SDI).

The compression ratio depends of course on video contents. I get ratios between 2:1 and 4:1. Lossy compression is of course far more effective, but in turn requires more time to encode.

Regards
Bernhard

I don't know if it can help, but I am encoding raw video (no compression whatsoever) using codec
AV_CODEC_ID_RAWVIDEO with pixformat AV_PIX_FMT_RGB24 in container .avi file.
I too, am looking for some lossless compression but I haven't found any way yet. I am a newbie to libav.

I need to create a MP4/OpenH264 file from a series of images. Because the images are all of a technical nature, I need to have absolutely no compression. How can I achieve this with OpenH264?