[Libav-user] Finding if a MP4 file has moov atom in beginning

Sreenath BH bhsreenath at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 07:07:34 CEST 2016

Hi All,

We are building a streaming facility and need to check if a given mp4
file has the moov atom in the beginning. (Similar to a file generated
using -movflags +faststart  option in ffmpeg command line tool)

We are opening the media file using avformat_open_input, and get other
information using
avformat_find_stream_info.

But after that I don't know which elements of the input context will
provide information about the location of the moov atom.

Could someone on the list guide me in getting this information?

thanks for any help,
Sreenath