[Libav-user] ffmpeg master, versions and new APIs

Anton Shekhovtsov shekh.anton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:17:21 CEST 2016

> Gonzalo <ggarra13 at ...> writes:
>
> > Should I stick with the latest master or settle on a
> > release/3.0 version for example?
>
> I am not sure if I understand:
> Is anything not working with current FFmpeg git head that used
> to work with FFmpeg 3.0?
> If yes, this would be an important regression, and I believe
> it would be unknown, please report it.
> (You may want to report it quickly, a new release is currently
> planned.)
>
> > Also, how will zeranoe proceed?
>
> I sincerely hope (for the best of all users) that Zeranoe will
> continue to only actively support current FFmpeg git head but
> I believe nobody here can speak for Zeranoe.
>
> Carl Eugen

According to APIchanges this is quite old

2016-xx-xx - xxxxxxx - lavc 57.37.100 - avcodec.h
  Add a new audio/video encoding and decoding API with decoupled input
  and output -- avcodec_send_packet(), avcodec_receive_frame(),
  avcodec_send_frame() and avcodec_receive_packet().

2016-04-11 - xxxxxxx - lavf 57.33.0 - avformat.h
  Add AVStream.codecpar, deprecate AVStream.codec.

But none of examples show how to use the new API. The only way to compile
our stuff is ignoring "deprecated" warnings.