[Libav-user] custom av_log callback receiving incorrect format specifiers from h264 module

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 03:11:45 EET 2016

>> On Dec 19, 2016, at 3:56 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> So, to this day, there is no self contained Visual Studio project, not requiring
>>> MSYS2 or YASM, one can assemble or download that compiles and builds
>>> ffmpeg? I am asking here because the large volume of older ffmpeg news
>>> makes finding such information very time consuming, if not fruitless.
>>
>> Fortunately, there is no need to search for older documentation,
>> as there is an up-to-date one:
>> http://ffmpeg.org/platform.html#toc-Microsoft-Visual-C_002b_002b-or-Intel-C_002b_002b-Compiler-for-Windows
>
> Thank you for this. I believe this is what I tried earlier, but it may have updated
> without my noticing.

I suspect it hadn't changed for a long time.

Did you report an issue with this part of the documentation?
I have never used it but I thought many people are using it...

[...]

>> As said, the relevant question to fix the issue you reported is:
>> Does mingw support the I (capitel I) format specifier?
>
> It looks like there is a “__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO” #define that enables ansi
> format specifiers.

Are you sure that "I" is an ansi format specifier?

> I do not normally use mingw, but the below links appear to be relevant. You may
> have seen them before, as you appear to have dealt with this issue in another
> form earlier.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/56C696EC.4000305@anastigmatix.net

How is this link related to the question if "I" is supported by mingw?
I am not a native speaker but I only see references to "ll" which is not very
relevant since we try to avoid long long in FFmpeg.

Carl Eugen