[Libav-user] RTSP streaming with libav

Andy Shaules bowljoman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:08:15 CEST 2016

On 4/6/2016 12:52 AM, Yu Ang Tan wrote:
> I have seen this question being asked many times: How can I stream
> video using libav? The answers usually go along the lines of Live555,
> VLC, or Wowza.
>
> At the same time, I know that avformat_open_input() supports rtsp URL
> as a video input, and the same applies to
> avformat_alloc_output_context2() as a video output.
>
> Is there something inherently disabling that these features are not
> used, in favour of the suggestions above?
>
> --
> Ang

We have seen ipcam rtsp service used as ffmpeg input source for output
as an rtsp broadcaster.  I prefer red5 pro, but im a developer in the
organization and , of course I would prefer it. ;)

ffmpeg {open commands} -rtsp_transport tcp -vcodec h264 -acodec aac
-mux_delay 0.0 rtsp://serrverhost:port/uri