[Libav-user] Shot boundary detection in ffmpeg

Asanka Sanjaya Herath angal.sh at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 08:48:54 CEST 2015

I'm completely new to ffmpeg. I'm supposed to implement a program in c++
which is cable of detecting the shot boundaries of a video. By command line
I was able to detect the shot boundaries by executing this command.

ffprobe -show_frames -of compact=p=0 -f lavfi
"movie=input.avi,select=gt(scene\,0.3)"

​​I have configured the libav libraries for my c++ project. Is there any
way to use above command in my program? Or should I implement that
algorithm using libav libraries manually? What is the easiest way to do
this? Any help is appreciated.

--
Thanks,
Regards,