[Libav-user] segmentation fault on avcodec_decode_video2( ) call

Joshua Kordani jkordani at lsa2.com
Tue Mar 11 16:04:03 CET 2014

On 3/11/14 10:28 AM, Jason Blum wrote:
>> What do you mean, your compilation ignores them?
> Any time I specify libraries to link to (-lavcodec), it only
> recognizes the old .so libraries in my /usr/lib/x86_64-linux. In an
> IDE, if I specify the exact path of the new .a files, like
> /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a, it has hundreds of undefined reference
> errors. I am also using include paths like /usr/local/include. Is
> there something special you have to do to link to a static library? I
> saw some people online say you need -static, but that didn't make a
> difference.
>
> I am new at this, so I could be missing something very simple. But
> when I searched online for responses to this problem, they were all
> very simple things, like accidentally leaving "lib" in a -l flag, and
> I'm not making that kind of mistake.
>
> My next step was to use the command line instead of the IDE so I could
> be 100% sure about what flags I'm feeding it.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason
At the end of the day, you need to direct your linker to find the
libraries you want it to link with, there are options to add search
paths to the linker call (or you could add the explicit path of each
library), which you would use to point to your locally built version of
the libraries.  Once you do that and you get linker errors, paste those
to pastebin and link here I guess.

--
Joshua Kordani
LSA Autonomy