[Libav-user] strange H264 audio sync behavior

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 13:20:41 CEST 2014

VLC has a pretty good logic for tracking audio/video sync... the logic for
handling where audio is and where video is, is really up to the application
 (if it's ffmpeg, the code is in the ffmpeg player, not the library)...
Quicktime is probably tracking them separately where VLC is doing something
different with where things are scheduled.
The input file I have most problems with is MKV with a quicktime MOV in
it... audio and video get horribly mis-synched... in my player I was
working to add a advance/retard knob... but then I figured some better
logic that obsoleted that idea.