[Libav-user] Regarding delays in ffserver architecture

Tilak Varisetty vtilakece at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 15:59:46 CEST 2014

We are using a render app via ffserver and ffmpeg which streams to html 5
element with no plugins. We send back the muse co-ordinates and update the
frame which are piped as input to ffmpeg.

There is a considerable delay of about 300 msec when the images are sent
from the server to the client. In our use case, it would be ideal to send
the frames as soon as possible to the client.

I would appreciate to know if there is a work around for this to change the
ffserver parameters for fast transfer.

Thanks and regards,
Tilak.