[Libav-user] FFmpeg 2.1.3 and Git HEAD builds fail on OS X

Lucas Soltic lucas.soltic at orange.fr
Wed Feb 19 21:57:56 CET 2014

Le 19 févr. 2014 à 17:35, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> a écrit :

> Lucas Soltic <lucas.soltic at ...> writes:
>
>> ../configure --disable-yasm --enable-shared --disable-decoders
>>
>> For FFmpeg 2.1.3, it fails with the following:
>> LD	libavcodec/libavcodec.55.dylib
>> Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
>>  "_ff_hevc_compute_poc", referenced from:
>>      _hevc_parse in hevc_parser.o
>
>> For FFmpeg HEAD from the git repository
>> (git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git), it fails
>> with the following:
>> LD	libavfilter/libavfilter.4.dylib
>> Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
>>  "_av_dct_calc", referenced from:
>>      _filter_frame in vf_dctdnoiz.o
>
> Both should be fixed.
> Such reports are definitely welcome, thank you!
>
> That being said, allow me to note that I am not
> sure "../configure" (building within the source
> directory) is supported and you should never use
> --disable-yasm, its use is strongly discouraged!
>
> You may want to add --disable-static if you want
> shared libraries.
>
> Carl Eugen

What are the consequences of disabling YASM? is it about disabling most assembler optimizations? and how important is the difference with and without YASM?

As for the build, I have pulled your fix from the Git repository but I have another issue. After many builds I managed to find the combination that produces the error.
ok:  configure --disable-decoders --disable-yasm --enable-shared --disable-static
ok:  configure --disable-encoders --disable-yasm --enable-shared --disable-static
ok:  configure --disable-muxers   --disable-yasm --enable-shared --disable-static
ok:  configure --disable-decoders --disable-muxers --disable-yasm --enable-shared --disable-static

nok: configure --disable-encoders --disable-decoders --disable-yasm --enable-shared --disable-static

So the weird thing is that --disable-encoders or --disable-decoders alone work fine, but not when they're both present.
The full build log is here: http://pastebin.com/9wLnzpHy

Lucas