[Libav-user] Encoded Date in MOV Container

Thomas Freudenreich TFreudi1 at gmx.de
Fri Nov 22 15:56:36 CET 2013

There are Datetime values in the Quicktime MOV Container. It is in the Movie
Header Atoms (mvhd). This are seconds since 1.1.1904

I guess the tool Mediainfo show these as Encoded Date/Tagged Date.

Is there a function/structure  where I can access these values? And if not,
in which sources are the "Quicktime-Movie-Atoms-Routines" so that I may add
some code for that.

Detailed description is in Figure 2 - 3 here (or search for 1904):

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/QuickTime/QTFF/QTFFCha
p2/qtff2.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40000939-CH204-SW1

Thomas