[Libav-user] Source code debugging libav using Xcode

Gary Overall goverall at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 29 01:02:27 CET 2013

Thank you for your help.  I feel like I am very close.  I did as you said, and it did actually build the libav libraries as I compiled and ran my project within Xcode.  I had to put  the location of the libraries in my header search path to to be able to include the .h files.  However, when I try to call anything in the libraries (ie av_register_all();) I get the following linker error.  I just assumed that since I put the ffmpeg source tree as a target dependency, that the linker would find the library files.  Am I still missing a critical step??

  "_av_register_all", referenced from:
      -[FFAppDelegate applicationDidFinishLaunching:] in FFAppDelegate.o

It found the .h files, but it did not seem to find the libraries.
Thanks,Gary O