[Libav-user] Audio 5.1 downsample to stereo broken in swresample?

Gonzalo Garramuño ggarra13 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 02:17:40 CEST 2013

I am on windows using zeranoe builds. I am using swresample.  I have the
following:
5.1(side), channels 6, format fltp, sample rate 48000
converting to:
stereo, channels 2, format s16, sample rate 48000

The result is that I hear in my viewer: the left channel, the center
channel, the left surround channel, the subwoofer (?) channel.
However I hear nothing of either the right channel or the right surround
channel.

The sample I am using is m4 large of channel check from:
http://www.dolby.com/us/en/consumer/technology/home-theater/dolby-digital-plus-download.html

For your info, ffplay plays the file correctly, but it does not use
swresample by default (and I don't know how to force it to).
Thanks for your patience and help in this matter.