[Libav-user] illegal short term buffer state detected

David R Robison drrobison at openroadsconsulting.com
Wed Sep 12 17:36:36 CEST 2012

I am trying to decode an h.264 stream and seeing a lot of "illegal short
term buffer state detected." errors. The video is not playing smoothly
and I am wondering if these errors could cause a problem. Can anyone
tell me what causes these errors? It is possible that there is a problem
with the stream being created by the h.264 camera but I will need to be
able to explain what the problem is (if there is one) to the camera
manufacturer. Thanks, David

--

David R Robison
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.
e-mail: drrobison at openroadsconsulting.com
web: http://openroadsconsulting.com
blog: http://therobe.blogspot.com
book:
http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore/bookdetail.php?PB_ISBN=9781597816526

This email communication (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged material intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email immediately.