[Libav-user] Problems with time.h in ffmpeg util libary

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Nov 23 00:42:16 CET 2012

Hannes Wuerfel <hannes.wuerfel at ...> writes:

> extern "C" {
> #include <libavcodec/avcodec.h>
> #include <libavformat/avformat.h>
> #include <libswscale/swscale.h>
> #include <libavutil/opt.h>
> #include <libavutil/audioconvert.h>
> #include <libavutil/common.h>
> #include <libavutil/imgutils.h>
> #include <libavutil/mathematics.h>
> #include <libavutil/samplefmt.h>
> }
>
> // opencv
> #include <cv.h>
> #include <highgui.h>
> #include <cvaux.h>
> #include <cxcore.h>
>
> causing:
> 2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 10.0\VC\include\ctime(18): error C2039: 'clock_t':
> Ist kein Element von '`global namespace''

(Unrelated: Am I the only one who feels that above
line is simply insufficient for any useful debugging?)

Sorry if I miss something, but there iirc there is no
sourcefile in FFmpeg called "ctime"...

[...]

> opencv2's timer.h includes <time.h>

Which can never include libavutil/time.h if your
include path is correct: It must not contain
any of the library directories.

Please cut your quotes, please do not remove
empty lines from your quotes, they (always)
ease reading.

Carl Eugen