[Libav-user] libav* + gui toolkits

Rafael do Nascimento Pereira rnp at 25ghz.net
Mon May 14 14:13:04 CEST 2012

Hello folks,

I trying to write a gui applications that uses FFmpeg as backend. I have
already read
and played with the (upgraded) Dranger's FFmpeg tutorial(1), which in fact
works. It is
used in this tutorial the libSDL. As far as i know i does not integrate
well with the
modern GUI Toolkits (GTK+3 ans Qt4).

I have read about the combinations like  FFmpeg + Qt4 (and maybe Gstreamer)
and
FFmpeg + GTK+3 + clutter/Gstreamer. Does anybody know other possible
combination ?
Which one has more advantages ? Any help will be appriciated.

(1) https://drangertuts.wordpress.com/

Best regards,
Rafael.

*"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
--Albert Einstein*