[Libav-user] AVFilter to do YUV->RGB

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sun May 6 18:57:52 CEST 2012

L'octidi 18 floréal, an CCXX, 魏伦 a écrit :
> In the traditional way , We usually convert the yuv to rgb using
> libswscale .
> But, I notice that the avfilter can do this work too . Do this two way make
> some different in performance?
> which way is now recommended?

The filter in lavfi that does the colorspace conversion is the scale filter,
and it is implemented using libswscale. Therefore the code that does the
work is the same, and so is the speed. Using libavfilter would add a small
additional overhead, but it is probably negligible compared to the
conversion itself, unless the frame is very small.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George