[Libav-user] H.264 nal decode

srikanta mondal srkntmondal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 11:13:52 CEST 2012

Hi all,
I am Srikanta Mondal from India. I am working on video compression and
sending each compressed frame to network.  I have done H.264 compression by
using libx264 and the function x264_encoder_encode() and I have got the
x264_nal_t for each frame. Now I have sent each compressed x264_nal_t  in
the network and in the receiver side that that x264_nal_t  are dumping in a
file. And another program just play the video using Opencv lib. But I want
to just decode the x264_nal_t  structure in the receiver side without using
the file. I have found there are some guidance with using ffmpeg library
but unfortunately I have failed to use the decoder. Anybody please help me.

Thanks and regards
Srikanta Mondal