[Libav-user] H264+AAC output mp4 file.

psychesnet psychesnet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 15:44:57 CEST 2011

Dear All,

I have some question about ffmpeg. In my code, I do not use encode and
decode function.
My data source has been encoded by hardware.
1. If I use ffmpeg to output mp4 file. Audio is AAC, 8000Hz, 1 channel,
16kbps.
-> Do I need to insert extradata{0x15, 0x88} for AAC ?

2. If I use ffmpeg to output mp4 file. Video is H264, the h264 frame have
nal header(SPS+PPS).
-> Do I need to remove the nal header and insert 4 bytes(frame length
description) before h264 frame ?
-> Do I need to insert extradata{avcc} for H264 ?

Anyone has ideal !!! Please help me, thanks a lot.