[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg Intel icl compile (configure) issue

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Mar 4 12:32:27 CET 2016

Emre Besirik <nomercy <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Please do not top-post here, it is considered
> > rude.

> I don’t understand why it is considered rude,

Mostly because you are expected to have read
https://ffmpeg.org/contact.html before asking for
help here.

Please also slightly cut your quotes.

> Here is the tail of ./configure —toolchain=icl
>
> mktemp -u XXXXXX
> qsyHi5
> check_ld cc
> check_cc
> BEGIN ./ffconf.Rq9eBKU3.c
>     1   int main(void){ return 0; }
> END ./ffconf.Rq9eBKU3.c
> icl -nologo -Qdiag-error:4044,10157 -D_USE_MATH_DEFINES
> -Qms0 -Qvec- -Qsimd- -GS -fp:precise -c
> -Fo./ffconf.z4HBGn3q.o ./ffconf.Rq9eBKU3.c
> ffconf.Rq9eBKU3.c
> ": internal error: Fatal Error: Can not create tmp file

Did you try to create a file "test.c" with content "int i;"
and compile it with "icl -c test.c"?

If you get the same error message, you have to fix this
first: Google seems to suggest that "/tmp" has to be
available but I may have misread...