[FFmpeg-user] How to determine which decoder is used in ffmpeg pipe ?

ssshukla26 ssshukla26 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 14:29:19 CEST 2016

Hi guyz,

My goal is to play h264 file and identify which software/hardware decoder is
used by libavcodec.so while playing a h264 file.

Below command plays h264 file for me, but didn't suggests which decoder its
using.

*ffplay -f h264 -i test.h264*

Also I am able to convert h264 to yuv using the below command, but can't
find out which decoder is used !

*ffmpeg -i input.h264 -f h264 -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt nv12 -s 1920x1080 -r
30 output.yuv*

Please I am very new to ffmpeg, need help.