[FFmpeg-user] HD > SD Down-Convert Prores Color

Kevin Wells kevwells at hotmail.co.uk
Tue May 26 20:44:48 CEST 2015

> To: ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org
> From: cehoyos at ag.or.at
> Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 16:37:24 +0000
> Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] HD> SD Down-Convert Prores Color

> Unfortunately, the colormatrix filter only works with eight bit, so
> we are back where we originally started.

Thats a bit of a show stopper! A real shame the colormatrix filter has this limitation. Any chance this will get 'upgraded' to support 10 bit, or perhaps a patch?
Or is there any other way to convert from bt709 to bt601 in 10 bit?

> (My question was why you are inserting yuvy422 colourspace.)

Using that in my command line gave me the closest conversion I could achieve, now I know why it wasn't perfect, no colormatrix 10 bit support!

I guess it's time to throw the towel in and give up, back to avisynth :(

Thanks for all your help Carl, appreciated.

Kev.