[FFmpeg-user] Creating an advanced filter effect that repeats the outer pixels

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Tue Jun 9 00:01:19 CEST 2015

On Mon, 8 Jun 2015 06:57:46 +0000 (UTC)
Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> x264 does not allow encoding a height of "1" (it
> has to be even), so even if we would support
> cropping a height of "1" (it is currently forbidden),
> what would be your usecase?

It should be clarified that this depends on the pixel format. 4:2:0,
width and height must be divisible by 2; 4:2:2 just width.

For example with yuv444p output seems to work for me:
ffmpeg -f lavfi -i testsrc=d=1 -vf crop=iw:1 crop.mkv

The output seems to decode fine, but you can't play it back with ffplay
unless you do something like: ffplay -vf scale=iw:-2 crop.mkv